1. Register for access
2. Create and test your app
3. Call our production APIs
To register for access to our Developer Portal click 'Register' at the top of the screen and complete the form to create an account.
You will then receive an email to the address provided with an activation link.
Once activated you will be able to log in, view documentation and add your app to the test environment.
Our sandbox environment enables you to test our API integrations with your apps before you go live with your app.
To access the sandbox simply follow the steps below:
- Register and log in to the Developer Portal.
- Once logged in click on the 'My Apps' section on the main menu.
- Click on 'Add a New App'.
- You will be required to complete a form to create a new app and will need to enter the name of your app, details of your software statement and provide any other mandatory details on this form.
- Once the form has been filled out, click the 'Create App' button to complete registration of your app. This will enable app approval.
- You will then receive your client credentials.
- Your newly created apps will appear under the 'My Apps' section.
Now you can view the relevant documentation choose an API and start testing.
Find out more about using the Sandbox.
Prerequisites to access our production APIs
To access our production APIs you must have the required regulatory authorisation.
You will need to obtain a valid eIDAS certificate from a registered qualified trust service provider (QTSP). Please note that for the purpose of identification and secure communication Allied Irish Bank (GB) supports the following options:
a) Parallel use of QWACs and Qseals,
b) Use of QWACs with an additional element (this may be eIDAS QSealC or a digital certificate issued by a trusted Certificate Authority).
Prior to accessing our APIs you will need to enrol with the Open Banking Directory and obtain a Software Statement Assertion (SSA) from Open Banking related to your application. See Open Banking Directory for further information.
Once you have obtained your eIDAS certficate and SSA, you can then add an app on our developer portal by carrying out the following steps:
- Register for access to our Developer Portal.
- Once registered, log in and click on the 'My Apps' section on the main menu.
- Click on 'Add a New App'.
- Complete the form to create a new app, entering the requested details and providing the SSA you obtained from Open Banking.
- Once the form has been populated, click the 'Create App' button to complete registration of your app. The app approval process will then commence.
- Once your app has been approved, you will be provided with client credentials and will be ready to call our APIs in the production environment.
Please note that we are aligned to FCA guidance during the “Adjustment Period” up until March 2020 and as such if you have not yet obtained an eIDAS certificate we will accept the use of equivalent certificates (such as open banking certificates) as long as they enable secure identification.